There are so many attacks facing public schools and educators right now, it is hard to know how you can help and take action.
Here are a few simple things you can do:
1. Sign the petitions to the right to support teachers and seniority rights and to say no to state budget cuts.
Also, if you have been teaching five years or less, sign this form letter http://bit.ly/eCXaC8 to support seniority rights.
2. Visit ourschoolsnyc.gov to keep updated and sign their latest petition calling for an investigation into the DOE's intentional undermining of NYC public schools: http://www.change.org/petitions/request-for-investigations-of-nycdoe-for-violating-students-civil-rights-educational-neglect.
3. Keep up to date with the latest events, including an upcoming Fight Back Friday in March, on the right hand side of this blog and at http://www.grassrootseducationmovement.blogspot.com/. Join GEM at their next General Meeting in March, Date TBA.
4. Sign-up for a house party showing of GEM's film "The Inconvenient Truth Behind Waiting for Superman"... all of those who sign-up to host a house party are entered in a raffle to recieve a phone call and have a conversation with Diane Ravitch. Email: email@example.com for more information.
5. Join Parents Across America's mailing list. PAA is an exciting new group uniting parents across the country in support of public education and public school teachers. Visit: http://parentsacrossamerica.org/