NO CUTS! NO LAYOFFS!
Friday, May 20th
Join Public Schools Across the City
Let your voice be heard: sign a post card, call your city council member
get involved at: www.fightbackfridays.blogspot.com/
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a toolkit
To save 6,000 teaching positions, 4,700 through lay-offs
Bloomberg’s Budget Spends:
· More than $700 million in 2011-2012 on charter schools
· $542 million in new technology
· Hundreds of millions on testing
Cost of layoffs for our students:
· Dramatic class size increase
· Less safe schools
· Less help for struggling students
· Less time for teacher/parent communication
Did you know? A small surcharge for city earners making $175,000 or more would yield $450 million in revenue.
(Independent Budget Office, City of New York).
Tell Bloomberg and the DOE to stop wasting our money
and start prioritizing education!
Make the wealthy and the banks pay their fair share!
Sponsored by the Fight Back Friday Committee
(CAPE, ICE, GEM, NYCoRE, PPM, TJC, TU)